Past its Expiration Date
This is definitely not the worst album Madge created (that was the underwhelming Like a Virgin) but it's not the best (it's debatable, though, depending on who you ask, my personal switches from Music to Rebel Heart, ya see?)
There are beautiful tracks on the album, but, like the album after it (MDNA) interwoven is a sense of desperation. Candy Shop, one of my personal favorites, sounds like Madge was forced to sing it. She gets trampled in 4 Minutes, Voices (another favorite) has that cringeworthy dog-walking line, and Spanish Lesson isn't even correct!!!
Everyone knew it would be hard to match or top Confessions, but this left me with cracked teeth.
Give it 2 Me
She's Not Me
Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
This album is VERY underestimated! Most people hated it, but its not as awful as people think. This is actually an ok album, I just hate how all songs sound EXACTLY the same, with the exception of like 3. :/
1. Candy Shop - Very catchy, fun, and has a GREAT beat and vibe! 8/10.
2. 4 Minutes - Possibly THE best Madonna song ever recorded! It's flawless and is my FAV song from her! The beat is insane and the chorus' and verses are AMAZING!!! 1,000/10.
3. Give It 2 Me - Sounds a lot like Candy Shop, as does many songs on this album. Catchy, but can get annoying. Although, it does have a good beat and vibe. 7.5/10.
4. Heartbeat - Sounds too poppy and repetitive. The lyrics are good, but its just another ear candy pop song. Nothing new or exciting. 7/10.
5. Miles Away - One of my favorites, right behind 4 Minutes. Very good lyrics, beat, and vibe. I love the acoustic guitar center, especially over the club-ready beat! Flawless! 10/10.
6. She's Not Me - Very funky, fun, and catchy. It's got a kind of jazzy vibe in the background. 9/10.
7. Incredible - Exactly like Heartbeat! Nothing different than Heartbeat, but I like this better. It kind of drags on for me. I love the piano in it, and the lyrics are amazing. 8.5/10.
8. Beat Goes On - I hate Kanye West and he adds absolutely NOTHING to the song! I find the the chorus annoying because the male vocals are awful, but the verses are good. I like the beat, even though it sounds EXACTLY like all the others. 7/10.
9. Dance 2night - Another funky vibe song, VERY 70's style. It's very catchy, and is one of the standout tracks on the album. Very old style Madonna. 9/10.
10. Spanish Lesson - Another GREAT song! I love the spanish, and the hooks are AMAZING!! Another stand out track. 10/10.
11. Devil Wouldnt Recognize You - Possibly one of the BEST Madonna songs EVER! I love the lyrics, beat, and its just jaw-dropping! Amazing song! Very different from the rest of the album, and the autotune is cool. 10/10.
12. Voices - A good way to end the album. The song is not amazing, but not awful. Its too boring. 6.5/10.
Overall, this album has some amazing tracks, and some not-so-good tracks. I hated how every song sounds the EXACT same! I will give it 4/5 stars because I feel the good tracks over-power the bad tracks. :)
4 MINUTES ONLY
By BOMBAY 1998
4 MINUTES IS ONLY GOOD ONE
No Review, Just Some Thoughts.
By salvation army ringer
Congratulations to Madonna or whoever actually wrote this song, this is the song I sing if someone says "Oh, it's just a four minute drive to my house." or "We have four minutes left to finish fifty math problems!!!"
What I want is for this album to be kept fifteen songs long, and for this to be the songlist:
1. 1 Minute
2. 2 Minutes
3. 3 Minutes
4. 4 MINUTES
And so on, going all the way to 15. 15 minutes.
The song titled "15 Minutes" would be a very chill song. It would go like "Hey...We got fifteen minutes. I love youuuuu...let's dance in slow motion."
Then, at the other end of the spectrum, would be the song "1 Minute". Think 200 BPM (Beats Per Minute) [That's very fast].
It would go like "kisshughugkissxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoAHHHH!!"
So, in conclusion, I think my idea is a good one, and producers should take notice.
It's up to you whether or not you want to buy this album. I can't make you, and I can't stop you.
RIP Steve Jobs.
it is ok
made a mistake when buying this from iTunes. please do not buy. it is not a good madonna album.
Give it a good shot; it
Most people criticize this album and accuse Madonna of selling out. And I won't deny that my first, second, and third impressions of this album were not good at all. I saw the album in a store for the first time and rolled my eyes. I sampled the songs on iTunes and didn't like them at all. But something--I guess curiosity--made me download the album and listen to it. I had to give it a good few tries before I fell in love with it. It's now one of my favorites of hers. It's not her best, and she could have done better, yes, but it's so fun to dance to! I love albums that I can jam to while cleaning the house or doing other things, and this is perfect for that. You may not like it, but give it an honest try before you discredit it. I'd recommend "4 Minutes", "Give It 2 Me", "Miles Away" (great song), "Dance 2night", and "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You". Those five are my personal favorites, and are what made me love it.
Madge i love u <3
Not something Madonna fans should be proud of
I'm a Madonna fan and personally, I liked this album, but was slightly disappointed. I know "Hard Candy" is supposed to be a harmless Madonna record, but didn't we already say that about "Music" and "Confessions on a Dance Floor"? I mean, not to sound rude, but I'm sort of glad this is Madonna's last record. If she continues onto this mediocrity, she's going to lose all her credibility. I miss the days when Madonna would leave something for everyone to talk about. "Hard Candy"? The only thing people are talking about is "Wow, Madonna sold out" or "Is this Madonna?". While there are flaws, I did enjoy this album. The beats are pretty fresh and the album keeps you indulged, but the lyrics are pretty hollow. Overall, while I'm disappointed that Madonna can't go back to her older days, "Hard Candy" still comes off recommended. Yes, you can say Madonna sold out, but you can't say she made a bad album. Madonna, thanks for never giving us a poor CD.
She looks kind of like p!nk and Christina Aruglara
I'm not to impressed with this album.